Thursday, September 25, 2014

Catching Up Over Brunch

Y'all, guess who moved to Dallas this month? Joseph!! He and I met while studying abroad in France, and during that time we, along with our friend Nate, formed The Trio. We've been close friends ever since, despite years of geographical separation. But now two of us are finally back in the same city, and it's just the best! (Side Note: we're trying to plan a full Trio reunion in December if Nate and his wife Kate can swing a trip to Texas!)
So in honor of Joseph's recent arrival, we met up for brunch in Dallas last weekend. Not far from his swanky new apartment building is CBD Provisions located inside The Joule, a lovely hotel in a renovated historical  building. It's a spot that I read about when Bon Appetit's Top 50 Nominees for America's Best New Restaurant were announced, so I was curious to give it a try!
After briefly exploring the lobby of The Joule, it was time for more serious business: brunch! I highly recommend the breakfast martini made with gin, Aperol, grapefruit (if I remember correctly), and just a little bit of orange marmalade. After our drinks arrived, we ordered the 'Nduja pimento cheese.  'Nduja was new to me, but I learned that it's a spicy, spreadable pork sausage. And apparently, when it's mixed with pimento cheese, spread on toast, and topped with dressed arugula, wonderful things happen.
When our main dishes came around (along with a complimentary bucket of their wonderfully crispy fries for the table thanks to our awesome waiter), I have to say that I think my dish "won"  -- my competitive nature sometimes bleeds over to the dinner table, I'm afraid. My Green Chile Pork Migas were just ridiculously good, though my husband's red chili and Joseph's homemade sausage breakfast sandwich looked pretty great too.
Once the dishes were cleared, as cheesy as this sounds, the best part of the meal was hanging out with my husband and getting to catch up with a great friend. I'm looking forward to many more Dallas adventures together. And I think one of those adventures needs to be CBD Provisions at dinnertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment