Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Date Night Idea: deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum

Sometimes we get in a rut when it comes to dates, and thanks to a work function (of all things), my husband and I had a really fun date night this week at the deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum.  A coujple years ago, I visited with a group of girlfriends, and ever since I've been wanting to go back with my husband. Sculptures are scattered around the rolling landscape.  Some are hard to miss, like a hot pink pole brazenly displayed in full view, while others are more hidden, tucked into nooks and crannies where if you blink, you might miss them. You can view it all at your own pace and see as much or as little of the grounds as you like.  It's a great way to soak up some sunshine together, stretch your legs, and feel a little more cultured!
While there are exhibits inside the museum, I enjoy the rotating sculptures outside the most. And I think my favorite part about deCordova is the variety. I'm admittedly one of those people that doesn't quite "get" modern art, yet deCordova seems to cover the gamut of sculptural pieces. Some I find truly beautiful, others are thought-provoking, and then there are those that I just find comically ridiculous  (example: an overturned 4-wheeler is considered a sculpture).  It's so much fun to walk around the park varying between admiration, confusion, awe, and laughter. You find something different at every turn.
So if you're ever in the mood for an outing that's a little out of the ordinary, grab a hot date or a friend and check out the deCordova Sculpture Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment