Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Brimfield Antique Show

Folks, can I tell you how much I love antiquing? I have my mom and grandmother to thank for this. I love wandering and weaving through haphazardly piled and stacked antiques. You may find nothing but junk but you just might find a hidden treasure! My favorites are kitchen antiques -- glassware, china, enamel coffee pots, Pyrex, cocktail paraphernalia, pitchers, you name it, and this weekend when we visited the Brimfield Antique Show in Western Mass, I was in heaven.
Three times a year, the little town of Brimfield is host to one of the largest outdoor antique shows in the country, and it's right down the road from us! A half mile strip of Route 20 is lined on both sides with more tents and booths than you could possible visit in one day. Dotted along the  highway, food vendors offer everything from steak bombs to lobster rolls to fried dough and kettle corn to macaroni and cheese or Italian sausage dogs with peppers and onions. Lots of New England comfort food!
We had the best time. We wandered for hours, poking around the tents that caught our eye. It was a perfect day for it, sunny with a cool breeze. And since we visited on Sunday, the last day of the show, vendors were in the mood to "dicker" and make bargains.  At the end of the day, we didn't come home with much, but we did add to our collection a pretty decanter, green tiki glasses, and a collectible Return of the Jedi drinking glass sporting Han Solo and Luke Skywalker! I call that a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment