Friday, May 2, 2014

My 10 Favorite Things in April

April brought spring to New England, Easter celebrations, weddings, and two trips to Texas (thanks to the aforementioned weddings)! We got to see family and old friends. We got to venture outdoors for backyard BBQ and picnics. The trees are finally in full bloom, and every now and then the sun shown through the April showers. These were my favorite moments of the month (in no particular order).

Mimosas, coffee, and Breakfast Polenta Squares with Spinach and Bacon along with the Easter story were a great way to start the day.
2 ) Crystal's Bachelorette Party
Man was it fun celebrating Crystal and her upcoming wedding with a gaggle of girls and plenty of margaritas!
3) Picnic at Walden Pond
Such a great picnic spot! Perfect for soaking up sun, admiring the view, snacking, and a little reading.
4) Alison and Matt's Wedding
I couldn't be happier for my beautiful "friend from the womb" and her dashing new husband Matt. What a lovely wedding, and congratulations!!
5) Crystal and Troy's Wedding 
Wedding #2 this month was a weekend long affair at Moon River Ranch in Satin, Texas celebrating the marriage of two wonderful friends. There were good friends, wide open spaces, skeet shooting, horseback riding, paddle boats, farm animals, swiming, TexMex, BBQ, and cowboy boots -- it doesn't get much more "Texas" than that! Congratulations you two!
6) Spending time in the Texas sunshine
Somehow, I made it 28 years before trying Topo-Chico, and man have I been missing out. Turns out that an ice cold Topo-Chico and a view over the Brazos River while skeet shooting with friends on a ranch in Texas is a fabulous way to spend an afternoon. Thanks Crystal and Troy!
7) Firing up the smoker for the first time this season
There may be no truer harbinger of spring than firing up the smoker for the first time since winter and spending the day out in the backyard checking on the meat, sipping a cold beer, and playing Jenga on the picnic table praying for the wind to stay calm during your turn.
8) Date Night with Kurt and Nina at Backbar and Bronwyn
Gosh do I love these two! We had so much fun over Backbar's cocktails and Bronwyn's German fare.
9) Receiving the new Homesick Texan cookbook
I think I squealed when my pre-ordered copy of Homesick Texan's new cookbook showed up on my doorstep. I can't wait to start trying her new recipes!
Last but not least, I really love this Tangelo Campari Sorbet. It's light and refreshing, sweet with just a pinch of  bitterness. Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment