Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Care for a Cup of Tea?


Lately, I have started drinking hot tea more frequently. What's not to like about it? You start to relax when you first breathe in its aroma, each sip warms you up from the inside out, the feel of the warm mug in your hands is so comforting, and it enables you to put your cute mugs to good use! Even Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory knows that there are few things as comforting as a nice hot beverage.

My essentials for a good cup of tea:

A Tea Mug Cozy -  Is there a cuter way to keep your tea warm and to protect your hands from a mug that's too hot? If there is, I haven't found it.

My Mug Cozy from Knit Storm (Etsy)

I also like the cozies from Little Buttons and Bows (also Etsy) and got the Aqua Mint one for my mom. She loves it!

Cute Mugs - I love these mugs (ok, most mugs) from Anthropologie. I have the blue and orange one at the top of the picture, and it's my favorite mug to drink tea out of.  


Another tip to build up your mug collection is to see if you have a potter nearby that makes beautiful one of a kind pieces. If you are in the Boston area, check out Earl Howard in Medford!

A Good Tea Kettle - My personal favorite is this little cherry red number by Le Creuset. My husband surprised me with this one as a Christmas gift, and I absolutely love it. It's just the right size, works well, and looks so pretty that I leave it on my stove at all times.  She even has a name -- Agnes!



 Your Favorite Tea - One of my favorites right now is the Rooibos loose leaf tea from MEM Tea in nearby town Watertown, MA. Their Moroccan Mint is also wonderful. Whatever your favorite, stock up as the cooler months approach!

No comments:

Post a Comment