Monday, November 5, 2012

At the Ballet

The first ballet of the season for the Boston Ballet was this weekend. We decided to get season tickets a few years ago, and we've continued to renew our subscription. It makes us feel terribly grown up, and it makes for a wonderful date night every so often.
The ballet performs at the Boston Opera HouseEvery time we walk through the doors, I gaze up to the intricate gilded ceilings and the sparkling chandeliers, and I can't help but smile. Because I feel like a little girl again. A little girl attending her first ballet, dressed up in her prettiest dress, a girl who loved nothing more than tutus and pointe shoes and who dreamed of someday being a prima ballerina. I don't dance anymore, and I never get to wear tutus to work, but the ballet is a little bit of magic for me, and I love getting to share that with my husband.
We began the evening with German food and beer at Jacob Wirth, strolled over to the Opera House, found our seats, enjoyed three very different short ballets, and then, once it was over, took a moonlit (and chilly) walk to the car through Boston Common.  

To quote A Chorus Line, 
"Everything was beautiful at the ballet.
Graceful men lift lovely girls in white."

No comments:

Post a Comment