Monday, February 4, 2013

A Week in Pictures

Sunday
I spent Sunday afternoon in the kitchen canning a batch of Mexican Pickled Carrots & Jalapenos (based on a Homesick Texan recipe) and then watched the SAG Awards red carpet.
Monday
Monday I left work a little early to avoid a terrible snowy commute. I did some work from home with a big mug of morrocan mint tea. I kind of screwed up dinner, so that called for an after dinner drink: Hemingway Daiquiris!
Tuesday
Tuesday night I came home to a big pot of homemade chili simmering on the stove, thanks to the wonderful Texas man I married. After I played all of the notes in my little clarinet at Charles River Wind Ensemble practice, it was time for another cocktail.
Wednesday
Wednesday night was uneventful. We watched quite a few episodes of Ugly Betty. I got all four seasons for Christmas. I love reliving each episode, and my husband is totally hooked now.

Thursday
Thursdays means the Medford Farmers Market. They had Vesta Mobile Wood-Fired Pizza cranking out fabulously cheesy and crispy pizzas outside, so we got a Pepperoni and a Vesta (chicken, bacon, tomato sauce, and cheese) and loved them. I also picked up a skein of beautiful hand spun yarn from Natural Specialties. Now I need to find a worthy project!
Friday 
Date night! Our first stop was dinner and drinks at Green Street Grill in Central Square. We started off sharing the best warm farro and kale salad with goat cheese, cranberries, and pepitas. Dinner was followed by a bandoneon concert by the JP Jofre Quintet at Jordan Hall featuring the music of tango composer and bandoneonist, Astor Piazzolla.  They put on a fantastic show.
Saturday
I met up with girlfriends for mani-pedis on Saturday. I went with this super dark red. Afterward, we walked over to Punjab (in flip flops in the bitter cold) for lunch and then poked around Arlington Centered, a local little shop selling everything you never knew you needed. For dinner we met up with friends at Trina's, one of my favorite new spots.
Sunday 
We started the day with heart-shaped eggs. While my husband worked on his thesis, I made a batch of cheese crackers for a friend, and that evening I whipped up some poblano macaroni and cheese for our Super Bowl dinner. I also started a new embroidery project -- a kitchen towel featuring a bacon and egg love story!
--------------------------------------------
Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment