Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful

Well, Thanksgiving is tomorrow! My husband and I will be spending a quiet, cozy Thanksgiving for two at our house this year. I've got the menu planned (smoked turkey, gravy, my mom's cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, my great grandmother's green pea casserole, seared brussels sprouts with bacon lardons, whipped potatoes, and pumpkin pie), and I know how I want to set the table (I just have to iron the tablecloth, my least favorite thing ever).  All that's really left to do is the cooking in the eating, and that's what I'm best at! But before I get elbow deep in crumbled cornbread and cranberries, I want to take a moment to be thankful.  

(Card from Rifle Paper Co)

I'm thankful for the family and friends in my life. I'm thankful for the food on our table and the roof over our heads And I'm thankful for where we are in life, for where we've been, and for the path we have ahead of us. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
----------------------------------
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment