Friday, February 28, 2014

My 10 Favorite Things in February

How was your February? We're experiencing the winter blues a bit ourselves, but spring has to be coming someday right? After posting my 10 favorite things in January, I decided that as each month draws to a close, I want to take a moment to remember the highlights that I am thankful for.

1) Charleston with Jeff and Jessica
We had the best time touring Charleston with the best tour guides! 
2) Charleston BBQ
Speaking of Charleston, the BBQ deserves a shout out all of its own. I'm still dreaming of pulled pork doused in pepper vinegar sauce.
3) Mani-Pedis with Jane at Zen Nail and Beauty Bar
Sometimes you just need a mani-pedi date with a girlfriend. My favorite spot is Zen in Woburn. It's out in the 'burbs, but they're fantastic: a cup of hot tea while your feet soak, friendly folks, long lasting polish, and (possibly the best part) your choice of scented scrubs, hot oils, and lotions for both your legs and arms.
4) Smoked Salmon Salad with Rice, Red Quinoa, and Toasted Pecans
By far my favorite recipe creation of the month. It's light enough that you feel good eating it, but it's hearty enough that you're not hungry an hour later. And it tastes really good.
5) Brunch with Brad and Ashleigh at Area Four
The food was good, but the company was even better. We were thrilled to catch up with our friends, visiting from Dallas
6) My Pretty New Mug from Sarah
This bright colorful mug, a gift from my sweet friend Sarah, and my favorite hot teas are helping ward off the winter blues.
7) Valentine's Day Brunch for Two
I once read that according to the great Jacques Pepin, the most important thing about Valentine's Day is the morning after -- and who am I to argue with Jacques? So my husband and I  made these wonderful pink-hued Cranberry Meyer Lemon Biscuits from Joy the Baker, heart-shaped eggs. and clementines. I decorated the table with happy tulips and an antique carafe of coffee.
8) Clam Chowder Crawl
Tired of sitting in the house all winter, my husband and I took an adventure out to Cape Cod for a "chowdah" crawl. It was SO much fun.
9) Chatham Lighthouse Beach
On the aforementioned day trip out to the Cape, we spent part of the unseasonably warm day plopped down in the sand, watching the waves roll in, at Chatham Lighthouse Beach. Sometimes we forget that beautiful beaches like this are right down the road from us!
10) Breakfast in Bed
Last but not least, my very sweet husband brought me breakfast in bed for the first time featuring homemade biscuits. I'm not sure how I got so lucky!
(Bonus: we found another great use for our DIY Serving Tray!)


No comments:

Post a Comment