Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy Pi(e) Day!

Happy Pi Day everyone! I hope you're celebrating with something sweet (or savory)! This very well may be the only known holiday to combine the celebration of nerdiness and mass consumption of pie, so take advantage of it!  We opted for a French Silk Pie that my husband made for us, but here's some more that I wish I could make today! (In other holiday news, everyone have a happy St Patrick's Day weekend!)

From: Joy the Baker

It's going to be Spring soon, right? Maybe? I'm ready for rhubarb!
From: Smitten Kitchen

How adorable are these? I can barely handle it.
From: Serious Eats

Gorgeous. And I love no-bake pies. For some reason, they always make me think of church suppers and little old ladies.
From The Kitchn

I hate juicing key limes, but man do I love key lime pie. Once a year or so, it's totally worth it.
From: Yours Truly

This is one of my favorite pies of all time -- rich custard balanced with bright lemon. Best of all, it's a taste of home.
From: The Kitchn

Here you can kill two birds with one stone: celebrating Pi Day and St Patrick's Day. Bonus points for Pie Day if you bake it in a round dish.
From: Southern Living

Ok, I know it's totally the wrong time of year for this pie, but doesn't it sound wonderful? I could really use some beautiful summer heirloom tomatoes right now!
From: Yours Truly

If you're a fan of breakfast for dinner (or if you want to throw a Pi Day Brunch), this quiche is where it's at.

No comments:

Post a Comment