Friday, October 3, 2014

My 10 Favorite Things in September

Another month has flown by! Here we are in October, the month of pumpkins and pies! September was a lovely one around here, as we're slowly easing ourselves into fall (rather than jumping in head first like we would in New England).  So I'll relive my favorite September memories one last time before moving on to whatever fun October has in store! Happy fall everyone!

We wrapped up a date night this month with this little piece of heaven. Please go try this pie. Sip on French press Cultivar coffee and savor the butterscotch, caramel, and brown sugar meringue.
2) Charlie's first car ride in the front seat
This was a big day for Mr. Charlie, as it also included his first trip to the dog park! He handled it all like a champ!
3) Meeting Lisa Fain, the Homesick Texan!
Lisa Fain, with her stories and recipes, was such a God-send when I moved away from Texas 7 years ago. What a treat to finally meet her for a book signing at the Byte of Texas conference.
4) Family visiting!
We got to host my husband's family a couple weeks ago. They were our first overnight guests in our new home! What a fun weekend!
5) Catching a college football game
And not just any college -- our college! For my husband and I, this was our first UT game to ever attend together (other than those years we were both in the band). Better late than never! After being away from home so long, I had forgotten just how crazy and fun college games are!
6) Baker's Drive-In
This place, y'all. It's so great. You drive in. You park. You walk up to the window of  a little building that's showing its age. You order from a menu that's American fine dining at its best. And then you go eat in your car. And it's just the absolute best. I loved the steak fingers and onion rings while my husband had a great looking cheeseburger. I can't wait to go back!
7) Adventures in Austin with this good looking guy
This past weekend, we had such a wonderful time hanging out with my husband's family and hanging out in Austin. We attended Grammy and Pampa's "Last Saturday of the Month" shindig with the whole clan on my father-in-law's side. We tried an amazing new BBQ place named Freedmen's, and we took a walk down memory lane at Quack's. We even visited the top of the Lake Travis dam!
8) These Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Steaks
If it's still grilling weather where you are, please do not pass go before throwing a few slabs of cauliflower on your grill. And douse them in lime, cilantro, chili powder, and cotija cheese!
9) Brunch with one of my favorite people
Joseph! So glad he joined us in the Dallas area! And so glad we got to finally try CBD Provisions!
10) Bookshelves in the library
Our little library crossed a big milestone this month. It now has bookshelves! Full of books! I still need to finish framing and hanging prints, and I need end tables and some other things, but I'm dangerously close to having a real life library of my very own!

No comments:

Post a Comment