Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Double Date at Trina's

Saturday night, we went out for dinner with our friend's Kevin and Andrea. We decided to check out Trina's Starlite Lounge in Somerville's Inman Square. After taking a craft cocktail class at The Boston Shaker, we've been making an effort to try more cocktail places around town, and Trina's gets nothing but rave reviews for both their food and their drinks. Now I know why!

If you are within a reasonable driving distance, you should probably get in your car right now and get there as quickly as possible. Better yet, hop in a friend's car and let them drive so you can enjoy more than one cocktail!

Once we were seated in their little dining area, I ordered a Natale a Padua with gin, a little citrus, herby rosemary, and a good dose of bubbly. It was perfect.  Trina's owner, Josh Childs, posted the recipe on his cocktail blog, Straight Up, and I can't wait to try it at home. And then try it again at Trina's. My husband got the Expatriate with scotch and black walnut bitters and was equally impressed.
For dinner, we started with their homemade tater tots, crispy and starchy and so much better than the frozen variety, served alongside truffle ketchup. Honestly, I might prefer them with plain ol' ketchup, but who am I to complain about truffles?  Next, I ordered the macaroni and cheese made with spansih chorizo, buttery Ritz cracker crumbs, and (according to the menu) love. My husband got the chicken and waffles, topped with a fantastic hot pepper syrup, while our friends got fries and chili dogs overflowing with homemade chili and melted cheese. This menu is casual comfort food done perfectly.

I'm already trying to figure out the next possible opportunity to go back to Trina's. It's definitely one of my new favorite spots around town!

No comments:

Post a Comment