Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Knitting Bowl

I got the coolest present for my birthday this year that I just had to share with everyone. I opened a box from my parents to find a glazed stoneware bowl with a curled knotch down one side.  I had never seen anything like it, and while I thought it was absolutely beautiful, I had no idea what I was supposed to do with it. On the packing slip, it was called a knitting bowl. Still a little stumped, I called my mom to thank her for my gift...and to ask her what it was!
Turns out, a knitting bowl holds a ball of yarn, and you pull the loose end through the knotch. As you knit (or crochet), the yarn rolls around in the bowl, feeding smoothly through the knotch.  And not only does it help feed yarn smoothly, it prevents the annoying scenario where your ball of yarn inevitably falls off the couch and rolls across the room!

So in case there are any other folks out there into knitting or chrochet, I had to share this cool new discovery! If you want one of your own, my bowl is from The Woolery, though it seems they are temporarily out of stock. I found even more beautiful choices on Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment