Monday, November 25, 2013

Stitch Fix: Possibly The Best Thing Ever

Have y'all heard about Stitch Fix? I had a couple friends try it with rave reviews, so I decided to give it a shot myself. And I love it! It's basically a personal shopper service for those of us that have trouble finding time to go shopping (and/or have trouble keeping up with the latest trends).  You simply fill out a style profile (size information, style preferences, and preferred price range), and they send you a box of 5 items selected just for you! Deliveries can be as frequent as once a month or as infrequently as you request them.

My first box arrived last week, and it was like Christmas had come early.
Inside, I found a note, tissue-wrapped bundles, cards to help style my pieces, and even a few holiday recipes.
The clothes were very cute, fit well, and were in the price range I requested (and best of all, I didn't have to step foot into a mall). My favorites were a navy polka dot blazer. a teal knit dress, and a black and white stripe sweater with a pink block across the top and shoulders. A gold knotted pair of earrings were pretty as well. I didn't care for one item, a floral top, but thankfully a friend liked it enough to buy it (Stitch Fix offers a 25%-off discount if you keep all five items -- I'm such a sucker for a deal).  
If you want to send items back, they include a bag for returns that you just drop into a mail box within 3 days of receiving your "Fix." Afterward, check-out online, paying for what you keep and providing feedback on each piece to help them improve for your next delivery. And that's it!

If you're interested, give Stitch Fix a try* ! I can't wait to get another box (though I'm going to wait a few months in an attempt to exercise some self discipline).

---------------------------

*Full disclosure: I get a $25 credit for referrals, but honestly, this was so much fun that I would recommend it to people with or without the monetary incentive

No comments:

Post a Comment