Thursday, October 9, 2014

Feeling Fall-ish

Even though it's October, the temperatures around here are still climbing into the 80s and 90s, and leaves are still as green as can be. But because it's October, I'm bound and determined to bring a little fall into my life, even if it's just through the internet. Here are some things that are making me feel fall-ish!

These pencils! Don't they just capture everything you love about fall?

How beautiful is this Butternut Squash and Sage Pizza? Even though I'm sad to leave okra and tomato season behind, I sure do love when winter squash arrives at the grocery store!
(Photo from Alexandra Cooks)

I've got to get a pair of these Long John Pajama Pants. Wouldn't they be perfect for lounging around the house when it's chilly out?
(Photo from Hanna Andersson)

I would love to have one of these gorgeous cable-knit throws for curling up with a good book and one of these rustic plaid throws crisp fall picnics.
(Photos from Pottery Barn (1) and Patron Designs Scoutmob Shoppe (2))

While I may not be able to go apple picking in New England, my grandparents brought back a huge bag of apples from a recent visit to Colorado that they were generous enough to share with me. I can't wait to use some of them to make my favorite Homemade Applesauce.
(Photo from Simply Recipes)
 
I usually take a crafting break during the summer, so I'm ready to pick up my craft supplies now that fall has arrived. I love knitting (something cozy like this ribbed cowl), and I also want to make this lamp shade for the library!

Fall also means steaming mugs of hot tea or mulled cider. Two of my favorite ciders are this Mulled Apple Cider for a crowd or this Hot Ginger-Apple Hot Toddy.
(Photo 2 from The Kitchn)

With Halloween approaching, I love to decorate the front porch and the house with pumpkins. If we get in the mood to carve some, how lovely are these?
(Photo from Southern Living)
 
Once the weather gets a little cooler, I tend to crave hearty greens, especially swiss chard and kale. I love these Brown Rice Bowls with Swiss Chard and Nutty Romesco Sauce and this Pumpkin and Kale Pasta with Lemon Goat Cheese Sauce. I'm looking forward to trying these two soups: Spicy Pork and Kale Soup and Cavolo Nero and Cannellini Bean Soup.
(Photo 1 from The Kitchn, Photo 2 from Eat, Live, Run, Photo 3 from Whole Living)

Finally,  I can't wait to sit by a crackling fire. We have our very first fireplace in our new house, and I'm itching to put it to use!
(Photo from The Bungalow Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment